Noel Technologies, Inc.
Website Privacy Statement
Effective Date: February 17, 2022
Noel Technologies, Inc. (“Noel,” “us,” or “we”) values your privacy. This Privacy Statement (or “Statement”) describes our privacy practices as they relate to the information we collect from and about you on https://www.noeltech.com/ (our “Website”) and from other sources as explained below.
By choosing to interact with our Website in any way, you agree to the privacy practices set forth in this Statement. As such, we encourage you to read our Statement carefully and should you have any questions or concerns, contact us at email@example.com or at the address listed below before proceeding to use our Website.
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time by posting a revised Statement on our Website that reflects a new “Effective Date.” You are encouraged to stay informed of our privacy practices by frequently visiting this area of our Website. Your continued use of our Website after we make any changes means that you consent to those changes.
Please note that our Website may include links to other websites that we do not operate or maintain, and whose privacy practices may differ from ours. This Statement applies only to Noel’s processing activities and does not apply to any processing activities associated with any other websites or any information processed or collected by us offline.
Information We Collect
The types of information we collect include:
- contact information, such as your name, email address, phone number, and company name,
- information you choose to provide to us on our Website, by phone or through email, such as questions, comments or reviews about our products or services,
- data gathered automatically by technology when you visit our site, and
- if you apply for a job with us, your resume, cover letter, social media profiles (e.g., LinkedIn), and any other information that you submit as part of your application.
The information that you provide in each case will vary. In some cases, you may be able to provide information via email or free text boxes, such as contacting Noel to request further information. When providing your information, please provide only relevant information and do not provide unnecessary sensitive information, such as Social Security numbers or other sensitive personal data, unless required for our services.
Automated Information Collection. When you visit our website, open an email that we send you, or interact with us on social media platforms, we may also automatically collect information about you by automated means. In some instances, we may also allow third party advertisers and service providers to collect information about you through automated means. Some of the technologies behind this automated collection include:
- Web server logs: In conjunction with obtaining information through cookies, our web servers may log your IP address and related details regarding your device, operating system, or information about your Website usage, such as when you accessed our Website and the pages you visited.
- Web beacons, pixels, and analytics software: To control which web servers collect the information described above, we may place tags on our Website or in our emails called “web beacons” or “pixels.” These are computer instructions that link web pages to particular web servers and their cookies and help us to better understand our Website traffic. Web beacons and pixels can be used to track the pages you view, links that you click, or other online behavior. These tools may also be used to increase and measure the effectiveness of our online and email marketing campaigns (such as by identifying the individuals who open or act upon an email message), allowing us to target individuals who may be most interested in our advertising. These tools also help us to understand when an email message is opened, how many times it is forwarded, and whether any hyperlink within it is clicked, as well as the type of software, device, operating system and browser used to deliver an email to us. Such tools are also used in connection with online advertisements on our Website and on third party websites to collect the same types of information with respect to individuals who click on advertisements.
- Other: We may use other technology to collect information for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement.
Such technologies may permit collection of data elements such as demographic data, browser type, MAC address and other unique device information, operating system type and settings, domain, the address of the web page that linked you to our Website, IP address, pages visited, whether you have visited us before or are new to our Website, activities conducted on a particular webpage (such as search queries), and the day and time of your visit. If you access our website from a mobile device, we may collect your precise location using GPS, cell tower, Bluetooth, or WiFi signals. This information may be correlated to other data that identifies you specifically.
While most web browsers offer settings that will allow you to disable or delete cookies, if you do so, you may not be able to use our Website fully. If you make this change after you have visited our website, you may also have to manually delete existing cookies from your computer or other device.
Our Website may also contain embedded plugs-ins, widgets, pixels, or other programming associated with various external social media platforms (e.g., LinkedIn, Facebook, Google+, and Twitter). When you encounter those embedded objects, your web browser may establish a direct connection to the social media platform’s services and in doing so, share information such as your behavior while browsing our Website, your public profile, and content you may have posted publicly. This Privacy Statement does not apply to the privacy practices of external social media platforms.
How We Use Your Information
We collect your information primarily to carry out, market and improve our business, and to respond to and fulfill your product and service orders, inquiries and other needs. We also collect your information so that we can:
- provide our services to you, process your service requests, and communicate with you on related issues such as customer service, and service fulfillment,
- customize your service experience with us, including by way of providing you with a more personalized and customized marketing and promotional experience that better informs you about our current and future services, as well as our upcoming events, publications and newsletters,
- send you administrative notices to inform you about important changes in our contractual relationship,
- statistically analyze your use of our website, improve our service offerings, and enhance the content and layout of the services we offer through our Website,
- install and configure changes and updates to our services,
- resolve disputes and enforce our agreements with you,
- consider your employment application if you apply for a job with us, and
- any other purpose identified in an applicable privacy notice, terms and conditions, click-through agreement or other agreement between you and us.
We may also use and share your information in an anonymized, de-identified or aggregate format for many purposes, such as market research, data analytics and modeling, improvement of our Website, and marketing purposes.
With Whom We Share Your Information
We do not sell or lease your personal information to any third party. We may share your information with our corporate affiliates and service providers for the purposes described above. We may also share your information with others:
- to carry out a business function for us, such as information technology, marketing, auditing, legal, and professional advisory or consulting services,
- to enforce our licensing and service agreements,
- to protect and defend our rights,
- to investigate and prevent security threats, fraud, or other malicious activity,
- in connection with or during the negotiation of a merger, financing, acquisition, or dissolution transaction or proceeding involving the sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets, including situations of insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership, and
- where we believe in good faith that sharing is necessary to conform to legal requirements or to comply with legal process, such as in response to a search warrant, subpoena, or court order.
We do not share your personal information with third parties for the third parties own direct marketing purposes.
Our website may also include features (e.g. plugins) that allow you to interact directly with external social media platforms. When applicable, we may disclose your information to the operator of any social media provider with which you interact.
Accuracy and Access to Your Information
We strive to maintain and process your information accurately. We have processes in place to maintain all of our information in accordance with relevant data governance frameworks and legal requirements. We employ technologies designed to help us maintain information accuracy on input and processing.
To view and change the information that you have provided to us, you can contact us directly for assistance.
Your California Rights
Shine the Light law. Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83, we will not disclose or share your personal information with third parties for the purposes of third-party marketing to you without your prior consent.
Do Not Track Signals. Other than as disclosed in this Privacy Statement, our Website does not respond to Do Not Track (“DNT”) beacons sent by browser plugins as there is not yet a common agreement about how to interpret DNT signals from browsers. The Website does not track users over time and across third-party websites to provide targeted advertising. Therefore, the Website does not operate any differently when it receives DNT signals from your internet web browser.
WE DO NOT SELL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. If we ever decide to sell personal information, we will update you via this Privacy Statement and include a link entitled “Do Not Sell My Personal Information,” to provide you with an opportunity to opt out of sales of your personal information.
California Consumer Rights. If you are a California consumer, as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“Act”), please be advised that Noel Technologies, Inc. does not currently meet the regulatory thresholds of a “business” as that term is defined under the Act and therefore is not required to comply with the Act. Regardless, all information will be processed in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Website Users or Visitors Outside the United States
Our Website is designed for use by individuals in the United States only. We do not warrant or represent that this Privacy Statement or the Website’s use of your information complies with the laws of any other jurisdiction. Furthermore, to provide you with our services, we may store, process, and transmit information in the United States and other locations around the world, including countries that may not have the same privacy and security laws as yours. Regardless of the country in which such information is stored, we will process your information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
We take reasonable steps to protect your information from unauthorized use, disclosure, alteration and destruction, although no method of transmission over the Internet is entirely secure and we cannot guarantee that your information will not be accessed by others. If you ever feel your information has been compromised or is at risk, please notify us via the Contact Us information section below.
Retention of Your Information
We will retain your information as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it is collected under this Statement, or for other business purposes.
We do not knowingly collect or request information from any person under the age of thirteen (13). If you are under the age of thirteen (13), you are not permitted to use our Website and should not submit any information to us. We encourage parents and guardians to provide adequate protection measures to prevent minors from providing information unwillingly on the internet. If you believe that a person under the age of thirteen (13) has provided us with his or her personal information, please let us know by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the Contact Information below and we will take all reasonable steps to delete their information immediately or as required by applicable law.
We want to provide you with relevant information that you have requested. When possible, we will always provide options as to what information we collect and how you can manage any preferences that pertains to such information.
If we provide subscription-based services, such as email newsletters, we will allow you to make choices about what information you provide at the point of information collection or at any time after you have received a communication from us while you are subscribed. Transactional or service-oriented messages, such as delivery confirmation messages, are usually excluded from such preferences, as such messages are required to respond to your requests or to provide goods and services, and are not intended for the purposes of marketing.
If you do not wish to receive information regarding our products, services, offers and upcoming events, please click on the “Unsubscribe” link that we include in each of the emails and electronic newsletters that we send to you, or contact us at email@example.com or the address listed below, and we will remove your name from our mailing lists. Please note that by opting out or unsubscribing you may affect other services you have requested we provide to you, in which email communication is a requirement of the service provided.
Questions or concerns about how Noel collects, uses and shares your information should be directed to:
Noel Technologies, Inc.
1510-C Dell Avenue
Campbell, CA 95008